Thursday, December 5, 2013
Monday, December 2, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- (M)isleading: outdated or factually inaccurate
- (U)gly: worn beyond repair, dirty, shabby warped etc., or pictures outdated for today
- (S)uperceded: newer editions available
- (T)rivial: No literary or scientific merit
- (I)rrelevant: has not circulated in ___ years, no longer a hot topic or duplicate copies no longer needed
- (E)lsewhere: more updated information can easily be found online.
Some people may find it hard to believe that a library would get rid of books. But with a limited amount of space and a commitment to providing relevant information, certain books do not meet the qualifications of the library's mission statement and therefore need to be removed from the collection. The librarians weigh carefully the usage/age of value/quality and physical deterioration of all our choices.